“Mayhem in Montana,” is the title of Kelly Cutler’s latest comedy and will be the opening show of the Cutler Brother’s 2020 theatre season in Deer Lodge. Cutler Brothers Productions will present an altered theatre season due to the Covid19 pandemic and the original comedy will begin this Friday at their theatre.
“Mayhem in Montana” is Kelly Cutler’s 9th original play and the second to be written within the last year. “The Wizard of OZ” was supposed to be the June production in Deer Lodge but plans were changed due to what was happening around the world. “We just thought we should go with a smaller cast and something that’s a little more budget-friendly after all of the chaos,” Cutler, who also directs the show, said.
The original comedy takes place in present times at a luxurious lakefront property on Flathead Lake that is owned by the mafia of the Northwest. The Don, who has a double life as a married man named Chad, decides that it is time to move the mob’s secret Montana hideout elsewhere so he can move his wife in from Chicago. However, he doesn’t realize that he is part of a major investigation underway by the FBI into his shady affairs. Two of the FBI’s top agents, who are undercover as the characters “the Dork and Paul,” are tasked with the covert op mission. Things become a bit hairy when the Northwest mob step on the toes of a neighboring mob and they all end up in Montana. Mistaken identity and wacky personalities rule the day in “Mayhem in Montana.”
The show has a cast of ten and will see all three Cutler brothers on stage for a moment. Kelly Cutler directs the show and plays the roles of Dan and Paul. Patrick Cutler, who recently moved back to the state from Alaska, will relive his iconic role of the Dork which he delighted audiences with between 2001 to 2004. Matt Loehrke will make his Cutler brother’s debut as the Don and Chad. Loehrke holds a B.A. in Theatre Arts from Linfield College and works full time at the Missoula Children’s Theatre. Rounding out the cast is Cutler Bros. favorite resident actor Marquis Archuleta, Logan Beck, Sarah Tilley, Sally Bridgham, Josh Pentland, Kia Carlin, and Justin Marshall, who will also make his theatrical debut.
“Mayhem in Montana” runs Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm and Sundays at 2:00 pm from June 19th to July 12th with no showing on the 4th of July. Tickets are $20 general admission and reservations are highly recommended due to safety measures that will be taken. Reservations may be made at cutlerbros.com or by calling the Box Office at (406) 846-4096.
VERY LIMITED TICKETS!
Tickets available online and at the venue!
WHEN: February 1st, 2020 at 9 PM at Cutler Bros. Theatre
Cutler Bros. Productions and the former producer of Chippendales presents the MEN NEXT DOOR... UNCOVERED: A MAGIC MIKE EXPERIENCE!
Remember to bring your dollar bills!
Buy your tickets today before they sell out!
If there are any tickets left, they will be sold at the door.
LADIES! TAG AND SHARE THIS EVENT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
For Tickets Click HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/men-next-door-uncovered-tickets-90417052839
Here are some frequently asked questions.
Q: Who are these “Men Next Door”?
A: We are the men you and your girlfriends have been fantasizing about all week. Lucky for you that we will soon be traveling to YOUR city. ;)
Q: Are photos and videos allowed?
A: Photos are allowed without flash! Videos are not allowed to prevent streaming the entire show. However, during the middle of the show we will ask you to pull out your phones to get some quick snapchat action for a few minutes.
Q: What do you mean by “The show is interactive?”
A: It means we will be randomly picking women from the audience to participate on stage!
Q: Is there nudity within the show?
A: Although we all wish there was nudity, It is illegal in a live entertainment show (unfortunately).
Q: What should I wear?
A: You could show some support and wear our Men Next Door tshirts! Or, wear whatever makes you comfortable and feeling sexy like a normal night at the club.
Q: Do you need to tip the guys at all during the show?
A: You don’t need to but the guys will definitely show some extra love if you hold some cash in the air. The venue should have a bunch of $1s prior to the show but bring some just in case!
Q: How old do you need to be to attend the show?
A: Most shows are 21+ but if a certain venue allows 18+ then we will post it on our website under “Tour Dates” or on our facebook events page.
Q: Where can I get my tickets?
A: Ticket links are available through our official website, www.mennextdooruncovered.com or by going to our event page on our official Men Next Door Uncovered Facebook.
Q: When will you guys come to my city?
A: We come to all parts of the country! It’s just a matter of time before we reach yours. Be sure to sign up to our email list on our website. As soon as we announce the tour dates, you will be the first to know!
Q: Is there any premium type seating so I’m in the front when I go?
A: Sometimes! Please check with the venue.
Q: What does the VIP ticket consist of?
A: VIP ticket includes premium seating.
Q: Is it still worth going even if all the VIP tickets are sold out?
A: Yes! The show can be enjoyed from anywhere in the venue, because the guys will be coming out into the audience throughout parts of the show.
Q: Do we get to meet the guys? Like a “Meet and Greet?”
A: Yes! If there is an upgrade available, you will get a chance to meet the guys.
Q: Where can I get a VIP ticket before they sell out?
A: You can go to our website, mennextdooruncovered.com for information on tickets for the show you’re looking to go to. Usually they are on sale there, but some venues vary.
Q: What goes on during a Meet and Greet?
A: Meet and Greets include meeting and speaking to each guy 30 min PRIOR to the show in the back dressing room and a picture with the guys.
Q: Can my friends and I take a group picture with the guys?
A: For group photos we will be selling those at the end of the show which allows a group photo with all your friends and the guys using your phone.
Q: What are these Hot Seats I’ve heard about?
A: Hot Seats occur after the last act on stage, just bring up a $20 bill and the guys will guide you what to do. For the girls that are too shy to come up on stage, the guys will also be going out into the audience and dance with everyone but if you want a guy to come directly to you for a hot seat, just hold up a $20 bill high in the air and one of the guys will make their way to you!
Q: What exactly do the guys do during a Hot Seat?
A: A Hot Seat is pretty much an upfront and close experience.
Q: When do the Hot Seats start?
A: After the last act, the host of the show will announce the time for Hot Seats and all the guys will perform these between the stage and in the audience. All parts of the venue will get a guy up close and personal.
We can’t wait to see you there ;)
Cutler Bros. Productions 4th annual Christmas production is “The Family Man” and will be produced on the Cutler Theatre stage from December 13th – 22nd in Deer Lodge. “The Family Man” is loosely based on the 2000 American romantic-comedy film starring Nicholas Cage.
Jack (Matthew Cutler) is a rich Wall Street exec that is given a “glimpse” by a homeless man named Cash (Logan Beck) when the two meet at a side street grocery store. Jack is propelled into “the world he could have had,” now married to his high school sweetheart Kate (Kia Carlin) with their two children Annie (Izzy Savalla) and Josh (Jonah Tilley). At first Jack is bewildered and vehemently wishes for his life back, but slowly he re-falls in love with Kate and their quaint little family.
Other Deer Lodge-based actors taking roles in “The Family Man” include Wolf Winter, Amanda Wheelock, Lewis Smith, Sally Bridgham, Jenna Singleton, and Louis Savalla. Making their stage debut with Cutler Brother’s Productions are Zeke Hamby, Dennis Mahagin, and Dannelle Sawicki.
Tickets for “The Family Man” are $18 general admission without a reservation and $15 for adults and $12 for children under 10 with a reservation. Reservations are recommended by calling the Cutler Bros. Box Office at (406) 846-4096. The play runs Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm and Sundays at 2:00 pm. For more information visit cutlerbros.com or the Cutler Brother’s Facebook page.
“Young Frankenstein,” the fast-paced musical romp by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan, will open on the Cutler Brother’s stage on Halloween night and run through November 17th. “Young Frankenstein” is based on the 1974 comedy film of the same name written by Brooks and Gene Wilder. Showings are Halloween night then Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm and Sunday matinees at 2:00 pm. A ticket discount will be given on Halloween night if patrons show up in costume.
Zane Cozby, a long time Cutler brother actor, will make his directorial debut with “Young Frankenstein.” “I’ve just always been in love with how funny this Mel Brook’s movie is,” stated Cozby. He continued, “And after participating in the Cutler brother’s Comedy Nights I knew it was a show that we had to do!”
Other Deer Lodge familiar faces taking parts in “Young Frankenstein” include Kelly Cutler (Dr. Fronkensteen), Stuart Jewell (Igor), Kamryn Johnson (Inga), Jim Cameron (Inspector Kemp), and Mariann Cameron and Glory Blue-Earth Highley splitting the role of Elizabeth Benning. Director Cozby will play the role of the Monster and Cutler Bros. newcomer Sarah Ward will play the castle housekeeper Frau Blucher. The cast totals over 20 individuals with 3 costume designers, tech experts, and Sally Bridgham at the helm of props manager once again.
“Young Frankenstein” follows the movie plot quite closely with massive dance numbers in “Join the Family Business,” “The Transylvania Mania,” and, a crowd favorite, “Put it on the Ritz.” The overarching plotline follows Dr. Fronkenstein as he returns to Transylvania to settle the will of his late grandfather Victor and quickly becomes wrapped up in the insanity of his family’s business of bringing dead people back to life.
Tickets for “Young Frankenstein” are $20 and reservations are highly recommended by calling (406) 846-4096. All showings take place at the Cutler Brother’s Theatre located at 301 Main Street in Deer Lodge. Visit cutlerbros.com or the Cutler Brother’s Facebook page for more details.
The Cutler Brother’s “Creepshow” at the Cutler Brother’s Theatre will run Thursday, October 24th to Saturday, October 26th from 7 pm to closing. This marks the 8th year for the Cutler Brother’s scare fest which started in 2012 at their 301 Main Street location in Deer Lodge.
The theme for the 2019 “Creepshow” is “Zombie Apocalypse” and was written by Matthew Cutler. Tours run about 20 to 25 minutes long and they take audience members through an interactive storyline that adheres to the theme. Inside the Cutler Bros. Theatre are 15 actors to carry out the story, a maze, several rooms and areas for scenes, and multiple choices for the “Creepshow” tourists to make.
The Cutler Bros. “Creepshow” began in 2012 at their theatre and the theme was a “mental asylum.” In 2014 the scare-show moved inside the walls of the Old Montana Prison museum and was housed there for 2 years with the themes “killer clowns” and “The Green Inferno.” The year 2016 brought the show back to the Cutler Theatre and it has been produced there ever since.
Tickets for the 2019 Cutler “Creepshow” are $10 and may be purchased at the Box Office next to the Broken Arrow Steakhouse on Main Street. Tours consist of 5 to 20 people and average wait time is a half an hour. Visit cutlerbros.com or Cutler Bros. Facebook page for more details.
Please Join us Sunday, August 25th for our banquet:
5 PM Cocktails
6 PM Dinner: Chicken parm or white sauce, shrimp, scampi, salad, Garlic toast, desert
Where: Elks Lodge
7 PM Awards: Immediately following at Cutler Bros. Theatre
What: Academy Awards-styled ceremony
Reservations at 490-4698
2019 Cutler Bros.
“Conny Awards” Nominations
1. BEST LEADING ACTOR
1. Kelly Cutler - Misery - Paul Sheldon
2. Kelly Cutler - It’s a Wonderful Life - George Bailey
3. Stuart Jewell - The Diary of Anne Frank - Otto Frank
4. Kelly Cutler - The Music Man - Professor Harold Hill
5. Marquis Dijon Archuleta - The Chopping Block - Braxton Fairwinkle (narrator)
6. Marquis Dijon Archuleta - The Complete History of America (abridged)
7. Connor Shabro - The Complete History of America (abridged)
2. BEST LEADING ACTRESS
1. Carin Sullivan - Misery - Annie Wilkes
2. Mariann Cameron - It’s a Wonderful Life - Mary Hatch Bailey
3. Sara Spring - The Diary of Anne Frank - Anne Frank
4. Elizabeth Lowery - The Music Man - Marian Paroo
5. Kamryn Johnson - The Chopping Block - The Giving Tree
6. Josh Pentland - The Complete History of America (abridged)
3. BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
1. Tom Gomola - Misery - Sheriff Howell
2. Josh Pentland - It’s a Wonderful Life - Clarence
3. Kelly Cutler - The Diary of Anne Frank - Mr. Van Daan
4. Josh Pentland - The Music Man - Marcellus
5. Jim Cameron - The Music Man - Mayor Shinn
6. Matt Cutler - The Chopping Block - Mack Haroldson
4. BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
1. Elizabeth Lowery - It’s a Wonderful Life - Tilly
2. Erin Jewell - The Diary of Anne Frank - Edith Frank
3. Jenn Logan - The Diary of Anne Frank - Mrs. Van Daan
4. Theresa Cameron - The Music Man - Eulalie McKecknie Shinn
5. Jeri-anne Cutler - The Music Man - Mrs. Paroo
6. Kia Carlin - The Chopping Block - Jane Elliot
5. BEST ACTOR IN A SIDE ROLE
1. Jim Cameron - It’s a Wonderful Life - Mr. Gower
2. Matt Cutler - It’s a Wonderful Life - Harry Bailey
3. Tom Gomola - The Diary of Anne Frank - Mr. Kraler
4. Zane Cozby - The Diary of Anne Frank - Mr. Dussel
5. Tristen Marjerison - The Music Man - Tommy Djelas
6. Jonah Tilley - The Music Man - Winthrop Paroo
7. Dane Thompson - The Chopping Block - Mr. Smith / Doc
6. BEST ACTRESS IN A SIDE ROLE
1. Kia Carlin - It’s a Wonderful Life - Violet Bick
2. Kia Carlin - The Diary of Anne Frank - Miep Gies
3. Nora Spring - The Diary of Anne Frank - Margot Frank
4. Kamryn Johnson - The Music Man - Zanita Shinn
5. Dicey Butler - The Music Man - Amaryllis
6. Jenna Singleton - The Chopping Block - Bobbie Jean
7. Tina Saville - The Chopping Block - Beatrice Hughes
7. BEST STANDOUT MUSICIAN
1. Sheila Thompson - The Music Man / The Chopping Block - various instruments
2. Brent Volf - The Music Man - piano
3. April Kersch - The Music Man - flute - piccolo
4. Ryon Noland - The Chopping Block - drums
8. BEST COUPLE / LOVE SCENE / KISS
1. Kelly Cutler / Mariann Cameron - It’s a Wonderful Life - George and Mary
2. Stuart Jewell / Erin Jewell - The Diary of Anne Frank - Otto and Edith Frank
3. Louis Savalla / Sara Spring - The Diary of Anne Frank - Peter and Anne
4. Kelly Cutler / Elizabeth Lowery - The Music Man - Professor Hill and Marian
5. Matt Cutler / Kia Carlin - The Chopping Block - Mack and Jane
9. BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE
1. Kelly Cutler - Misery - Paul Sheldon
2. Kelly Cutler - It’s a Wonderful Life - George Bailey
3. Tom Gomola - It’s a Wonderful Life - Uncle Billy
4. Stuart Jewell - The Diary of Anne Frank - Otto Frank
5. Sara Spring - The Diary of Anne Frank - Anne Frank
6. Kia Carlin - The Chopping Block - Jane Elliot
7. Matt Cutler - The Chopping Block - Mack Haroldson
10. BEST DEATH SCENE
1. Tom Gomola - Misery - Sheriff Howell
2. Carin Sullivan - Misery - Annie Wilkes
3. Wolfie Winter - Creepshow - flesh-eating dog
4. Zane Cozby - Comedy Night - alcoholic dad
5. Rhylie Mickey - The Chopping Block - drunken father
6. Stuart Jewell - The Chopping Block - Lenagin
7. Louis Savalla - The Chopping Block - gambler
8. Kia Carlin - The Chopping Block - Jane Elliot
11. MOST VERSATILE ACTOR / ACTRESS
1. Jim Cameron - Creepshow, man
It’s a Wonderful Life, Gower, Rhineman
The Diary of Anne Frank, Nazi
The Music Man - Mayor Shinn
The Chopping Block, Old Mack Haroldson
2. Stuart Jewell - It’s a Wonderful Life, Ernie
The Diary of Anne Frank, Otto Frank
The Chopping Block, Lenagin
3. Kelly Cutler - Misery, Paul Sheldon
It’s a Wonderful Life, George Bailey
The Diary of Anne Frank, Mr. Van Daan
The Music Man, Professor Harold Hill
The Chopping Block, Bill Buckwilder
4. Matt Cutler - It’s a Wonderful Life - Harry Bailey, Bert the Cop
The Music Man - school board / quartet
The Chopping Block - Mack Haroldson
5. Tristen Marjerison - The Diary of Anne Frank, Nazi
The Music Man, Tommy Djelas
6. Marquis Dijon Archuleta - The Music Man, school board / quartet
The Chopping Block, narrator
The Complete History of America (abridged)
7. Kamryn Johnson - The Music Man, Zanita Shinn
The Chopping Block, - The Giving Tree, Ensemble
12. BEST BACKGROUND PERFORMER
1. April Kersch - It’s a Wonderful Life / The Music Man
2. Emily Pentland - It’s a Wonderful Life / The Music Man / The Chopping Block
3. Glory Highley - It’s a Wonderful Life / The Music Man
4. Sally Bridgham - The Music Man / The Chopping Block
5. Nia McClanahan - The Music Man / The Chopping Block
6. Tina Saville - The Chopping Block
7. Logan Beck - The Chopping Block
13. BEST VILLAIN / VILLAIN TEAM
1. Carin Sullivan - Misery - Annie Wilkes
2. Jim and Theresa Cameron - Creepshow - mom and dad
3. Kyle Gillette - It’s a Wonderful Life - Henry Potter
4. Jim Cameron, Martin Reap, Tristen Marjerison - The Diary of Anne Frank - Nazis
5. Anthony Savalla - The Music Man - Charlie Cowell
6. Kelly Cutler - The Chopping Block - Bill Buckwilder
14. BEST LAST-MINUTE SAVE
1. Paul Chapman - It’s a Wonderful Life - man on bridge
2. Kelly Cutler - The Diary of Anne Frank - Mr. Van Daan
3. Jeri-anne Cutler - The Music Man - Mrs. Paroo
4. Emily Pentland and Nia McClanahan - The Chopping Block - Ensemble
5. Ken Kimerly - new popcorn machine after the old one blew up during The Music Man
6. Al Cutler - rolling apples out on stage during The Chopping Block
15. BEST CHILD STAR
1. Amanda Wheelock - It’s a Wonderful Life - Young Violet, Jane Bailey
2. Kimarie Eastis - It’s a Wonderful Life - Young Harry, Tommy Bailey
- The Music Man - Ensemble
3. Louis Savalla - It’s a Wonderful Life - Young George, Peter Bailey
- The Diary of Anne Frank - Peter Van Daan
4. Sara Spring - The Diary of Anne Frank - Anne Frank
5. Jonah Tilley - The Music Man - Winthrop Paroo
6. Izzy Hunter - The Chopping Block - Young Jane
7. Kaiden Dolan - The Chopping Block - Young Mack
16. BEST COMEDIC DUO / COMEDIC TEAM
1. Matt Cutler / Stuart Jewell - It’s a Wonderful Life - Bert and Ernie
2. Kelly Cutler / Jenn Logan - The Diary of Anne Frank - Mr. and Mrs. Van Daan
3. Jim Cameron / Theresa Cameron - The Music Man - Mr. and Mrs. Shinn
4. Dane Thompson / Marquis Archuleta / Brent Volf / Matt Cutler
- The Music Man - school board / quartet
5. Stuart Jewell / Paul Chapman - The Chopping Block - Lenagin and Hughes
6. Josh Pentland / Connor Shabro / Marquis Archuleta
- The Complete History of America (abridged)
17. ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
1. Kris Huckaby - It’s a Wonderful Life - Ma Bailey
- The Music Man - Grecian Urn
2. Bekka Schwab - It’s a Wonderful Life - Zsu Zsu Bailey
3. Dicey Butler - The Music Man - Amaryllis
4. Paige Highley - The Music Man - Ensemble
5. Bailey Chapel - The Music Man - Ensemble
6. Nia McClanahan - The Music Man - Ensemble
- The Chopping Block - Ensemble
7. Rhylie Mickey - The Chopping Block - Ensemble, drunken father
8. Connor Shabro - The Complete History of America (abridged)
18. INFAMOUS KLUTZ AWARD
1. Carin Sullivan - Misery, - Putting the fire out with gas can
- Forgot to set the bucket on stage for Kelly to burn the
2. Stuart Jewell - It’s a Wonderful Life - breaking glass on Jim Cameron’s face
- breaking park bench
3. Jim Cameron - It’s a Wonderful Life - not in the office during auditor scene
4. Tom Gomola - It’s a Wonderful Life - broke chair when George beat up Uncle Billy
5. Scott Grazier - It’s a Wonderful Life - pants fell down during bank scene
6. Louis Savalla - The Diary of Anne Frank - missed his cue to come on stage for two
long (very long) minutes
7. Matt Cutler - The Diary of Anne Frank - played YouTube ad during train audio
8. Kelly Cutler - The Music Man - popped button off his jacket during key scene
9. Patrick Cutler - The Music Man - tangled up the train - crisscrossed bars
10. Erin Jewell - The Music Man - explosion sound FX - gun didn’t go off
11. Dicey Butler - The Music Man - phantom piano played while she didn’t have her
hands on the keyboard
12. Patrick Cutler - The Chopping Block - kicked over the fire extinguisher while leaving
13. Izzy Savalla - The Chopping Block - biffed it
14. Marquis Dijon Archuleta - The Chopping Block - tip jar crashes to the floor and
19. SHOW OF THE YEAR
2. It’s a Wonderful Life
3. The Diary of Anne Frank
4. The Music Man
5. The Chopping Block
6. The Complete History of America (abridged)
20. STANDOUT DANCER
1. Josh Pentland - The Music Man
2. Jenna Singleton - The Music Man - The Chopping Block
3. Marquis Archuleta - The Music Man - The Chopping Block
4. Kamryn Johnson - The Music Man - The Chopping Block
5. Dane Thompson - The Music Man - The Chopping Block
6. Kia Carlin - The Music Man - The Chopping block
21. MOST COACHABLE 2019
1. Kimarie Eastis 5. Dane Thompson
2. Louis Savalla 6. Eden Butler
3. Marquis Archuleta 7. Izzy Hunter
4. Kamryn Johnson
22. SET DESIGN / PROPS / COSTUMES
Stuey Sally Laurie
Kenny Theresa Shawna
23. SPECIAL EFFECTS / STAGE MANAGER / FILMER / PHOTOGRAPHER
Matt Charlie Erin Sara Danielle
Kia Jace Jerrika Connor Mary
24. OFFICE HELP / USHERS
Cutler Brothers Productions wraps up their 2019 summer theatre season with “Comedy Night 42” on Friday, August 9th and a run of “The Complete History of America (abridged)” from August 16th to the 30th. Both shows contain adult humor and will be produced on the Cutler Brother’s stage at 301 Main Street in Deer Lodge.
First off, this Friday “Comedy Night 42” will take place at 8 pm. The Cutler Brother’s “Comedy Night” was first produced in 2003 and continues to make seasonal appearances year in and year out. The cast of “Comedy Night 42” is loaded with Deer Lodge favorites including Zane Cozby, Jenn Logan, Jim and Theresa Cameron, Dane Thompson, Stuey Jewell, Tina Saville, Wolfie Winters, Jenna Singleton, Kamryn Johnson, and Matt and Kelly Cutler. Logan Beck will make his “Comedy Night” debut as well as University of Montana actor Marquis Dijon Archuleta.
“Comedy Night” takes on the structure of “Saturday Night Live.” Local resident and courthouse worker Sarah Ward will play host and Nora Spring, an all-state high school vocalist, will be the musical guest. Sketches include “Toy Story on a Budget,” a high school jam-packed with nerds, an evil narrator that controls people’s lives, the iconic Comedy Night News, and much, much more.
The Cutler Bros. season will end with another comedy in “The Complete History of America (abridged)” by Adam Long, Reed Martin, and Austin Tichenor. The three authors are also responsible for the more renown “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged).” The sequel, to be produced on the Cutler Bros. stage, follows the same edifice as three actors bring to life all, or most, of the characters and stories that have shaped the history of America. The history of America told in less than 2 hours will be brought to life by Marquis Dijon Archuleta of Great Falls, Connor Shabro of Seattle, and Josh Pentland of Deer Lodge.
Tickets for “Comedy Night 42” are $12 general admission and tickets for “The Complete History of America (abridged)” are $20. Showings of America abridged run Wednesdays to Saturdays at 7:30 pm and Sundays at 2:00 pm beginning on August 16th. There will be no showing on Sunday, August 25th. For questions, reservations, or more info please call the Cutler Bros. box office at (406) 846-4096 or visit cutlerbros.com
Meredith Willson’s “The Music Man” will open on the Cutler Brother’s stage in Deer Lodge on Friday, June 14th and run through the 30th. The musical is based on a story by Willson and Franklin Lacey. This marks the second show of the Cutler Brother’s 2019 Summer Theatre Season.
“The Music Man” is an American classic which follows con-man Harold Hill (Kelly Cutler) after he lands in a small Iowa city and attempts to trick the citizens into buying musical instruments when he knows nothing about music. After approached by hotheaded and impatient Mayor Shinn (Jim Cameron), Hill decides he’ll need a musical reference of the highest order and he contacts the reserved and intolerant Marian Paroo (Elizabeth Cozby). Paroo, the local librarian, wants nothing to do with the master manipulator at first, but in time she falls for the professor and the professor, in turn, falls for the aging introvert.
Other cast members in the Deer Lodge ensemble include Josh Pentland as Marcellus Washburn, Candice O’Brien as mama Paroo, Theresa Cameorn as the mayor’s wife, Kamryn Johnson as Zaneeta Shinn, Tristan Marjerison as Tommy Djilas, and Jonah Tilley as Winthrop. The cast tops out at around 40 local actors. Popular musical numbers include “76 Trombones,” “The Wells Fargo Wagon,” and “Gary Indiana.” A live 8-piece orchestra supplements the show.
“The Music Man” runs Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm and Sunday matinees at 2:00 pm. Tickets are $15 to $20 and reservations are highly recommended. Reservations may be made at cutlerbros.com or by calling the box office at (406) 846-4096. All showings take place at the Cutler Bros. Theatre at 301 Main in Deer Lodge. For tickets click here for more information please visit the website or call the number listed.
The 40th Comedy Night in Cutler Bros. history will be staged at the brother’s theatre in Deer Lodge on Saturday, December 22nd at 7:30 pm. The show marks the 40th Comedy Night the Deer Lodge-based theatre company has produced since 2003 and it is also the 16th straight Christmas version of the iconic show.
Comedy Night takes on the form of “Saturday Night Live” with written sketch comedy, a special guest host from around the area, and a musical guest. The 40th show is a landmark for the Cutler brothers and the performance will begin with a video recap of the past 16 years including interviews of past Comedy Nighters as well as footage from many of the previous shows.
Rhiley Mickey of the Deer Lodge Medical Center will host the 40th Cutler Bros.’ Comedy Night and “7th Passing” will take the role of musical guest. Other cast members include Comedy Night regulars Kelly and Matt Cutler, Zane Cozby, Jim and Theresa Cameron, Jim Tilley, Candice O’Brien, Jenna Singleton, Mariann Cameron, Kyle Gillette, Darryl Barton, Carin Sullivan, and Stuart Jewell. Marquis Dijon Archuleta of the Tennessee Shakespeare Company will also make a few appearances.
Sketches for the 40th Cutler Bros. show include spoofs on the Conan O’Brien Show and the movie “Moneyball”, 3 Snowmen that dread the idea of a warm spring, a sophomore in high school that still believes in Santa Claus, and many more. The Comedy Night “News,” a staple for the show, will be hosted by director Kelly Cutler and Marquis Archuleta. “Christmas Comedy Night has become quite the tradition over the past 16 years,” said Cutler. Archuleta added, “And with it being the 40th Comedy Night in their history, it’s even that much more special.”
Reservations are highly recommended for the one-night showing of Comedy Night 40 and may be placed at (406) 846-4096. Tickets are $12 and the show begins at 7:30 pm at the Cutler Bros. Theatre located at 301 Main in Deer Lodge. For more information, directions, or reservations call the number listed or visit cutlerbros.com.
“It’s a Wonderful Life,” the iconic Christmas fantasy comedy-drama from 1946, takes to the stage in Deer Lodge at the Cutler Brothers Theatre on Friday, November 30th and runs through Sunday, December 16th. The stage play is written by Philip Grecian and follows closely to the Frank Capra film that was nominated for five Academy Awards including Best Picture.
The story follows young dreamer George Bailey (Kelly Cutler) on his quest to depart from his hometown of Bedford Falls, NY and explore the world. The young man never receives his wish after his father Peter Bailey (Stuart Jewell) passes away and he is left to deal with the family business in Bailey Building and Loan. After George meets, falls in love with, and marries the lovely Mary Hatch (Mariann Cameron) his adventurous ambitions seem to dwindle.
On Christmas Eve in 1945 George’s partner at the Building and Loan, Uncle Billy (Tom Gomola), misplaces $8,000 and George is at his wits end. After snapping at his family, George contemplates throwing himself off of a bridge but is saved by his guardian angel Clarence (Josh Pentland) before doing so. George is shown a vision of what life would be like if he were never born and it encompasses the evil and cruel Mr. Potter (Kyle Gillette) taking over the entire town of Bedford Falls and renaming it “Pottersville.” George returns home, now realizing that he really did have a “wonderful life.”
Other cast members in the show include the secretary Tilly (Elizabeth Cozby), young George Bailey (Louis Savalla), Mr. Gower (Jim Cameron), Mother Bailey (Kristen Huckaby), and many more. Matthew Cutler, the youngest of the brothers, will take on the role of George’s younger brother Harry and the police officer Bert. The cast tops out at 24 people.
“It’s a Wonderful Life” runs November 30th to December 16th, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm and Sunday matinees at 2:00 pm. Tickets are $18 for adults and $15 for children 10 and under. Reservations are highly recommended and may be arranged by calling the box office at (406) 846-4096 or by visiting cutlerbros.com and clicking the “buy tickets” tab. All showings will take place on the Cutler Bros.’ main stage at 301 Main in Deer Lodge. Call the box office or visit the website for more information.
Cutler Bros. News
For all the latest and greatest events revolving around Cutler Bros. Productions!